1st Level IT Support - Switzerland
This position assists Users with technical support of networked desktop computers, hand held devices, applications, peripherals and related technology. Candidate will provide the following services:
- Providing on-site cover Monday- Friday, excluding public holidays
- Provide hardware break fix support, typically by whole unit swap
- Manage spares provided on site
- Provide deskside support, as described
- Execute installations and changes
- Deliver an excellent level of customer service
- Adhere to defined Processes and work instructions which will include the management of both proactive and reactive escalations
Main Responsibilities include:
- Accurately identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting User technical issues relating to desktop environment
- Testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines
- Provision of first line IT support services
- Ensuring requirements are met within agreed service targets
- To provide infrastructure administration functions
- Troubleshooting and resolving software issues; reimaging computers/hard drives
- Backing up and restoring settings and associated systems administration activities
- Interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems
- Taking ownership of issues through to resolution on all appropriate requests.
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests and service requests by utilizing a ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
- Install and Move equipment
- Performing asset inventory activities as needed
- Recommend and / or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- This position requires the ability to work in a project-based environment requiring flexibility and teamwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Skills in user IT infrastructure – Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Handhelds, Smartphone etc.
- Technical skills in Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and business productivity applications i.e. Office
- Administration experience of MS Active Directory users & groups, policies and management concepts
- Effective communication in English and local languages is mandatory
- Ability to interact with customers so as to ensure that a polite, efficient and responsive service is delivered
- A self-starter with ability to work on their own initiative
- To work through issues analytically to a successful conclusion
- At least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area required
- Prior experience on Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks and Printers
- Collaboration experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge
- Ability to support and provide hands-on assistance for IT infrastructure projects /upgrades
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Thorough understanding of Outlook's calendaring tool
- Understanding of Exchange functional accounts and how they are used within Microsoft technologies
customer service skills with the ability to provide consistent, excellent customer support to Customer representatives at all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivated