1st Level IT Support - Munich
This position assists Users with technical support of networked desktop computers, hand held devices, applications, peripherals and related
technology. Candidate will provide the following services:
- Providing on-site cover Monday- Friday, excluding public holidays
- Provide hardware break fix support, typically by whole unit swap
- Manage spares provided on site
- Provide deskside support, as described
- Execute installations and changes
- Deliver an excellent level of customer service
- Adhere to defined Processes and work instructions which will include the management of both proactive and reactive escalations
Main Responsibilities include:
- Accurately identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting User technical issues relating to desktop environment
- Testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines
- Provision of first line IT support services
- Ensuring requirements are met within agreed service targets
- To provide infrastructure administration functions
- Troubleshooting and resolving software issues; reimaging computers/hard drives
- Backing up and restoring settings and associated systems administration activities
- Interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems
- Taking ownership of issues through to resolution on all appropriate requests.
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests and service requests by utilizing a ticketing system to track tickets and provide
up-to-date status and information.
- Install and Move equipment
- Performing asset inventory activities as needed
- Recommend and / or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- This position requires the ability to work in a project-based environment requiring flexibility and teamwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Skills in user IT infrastructure – Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Handhelds, Smartphone etc.
- Technical skills in Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and business productivity applications i.e. Office
- Administration experience of MS Active Directory users & groups, policies and management concepts
- Effective communication in English and local languages is mandatory
- Ability to interact with customers so as to ensure that a polite, efficient and responsive service is delivered
- A self-starter with ability to work on their own initiative
- To work through issues analytically to a successful conclusion
- At least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area required
- Prior experience on Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks and Printers
- Collaboration experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge
- Ability to support and provide hands-on assistance for IT infrastructure projects /upgrades
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Thorough understanding of Outlook's calendaring tool
- Understanding of Exchange functional accounts and how they are used within Microsoft technologies
- customer service skills with the ability to provide consistent, excellent customer support to Customer
representatives at all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivated